Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Orange Jello on Walls

She runs upstairs to gather blocks
to build a castle on the living room floor
while she waits for supper to finish.

Just as she reaches to the top,
our youngest shares with excitement,
at the top of her voice,
"The orange jello is here!
We have orange jello on the wall!"

Out of peaked curiosity,
I ask her brother what she means.
"Oh, that's what we call the rays of light
that shine on the wall during sunset", he replies.

We all climb the stairs to admire the orange jello...




Orange and glowing


We share a moment on the balcony,
admiring the source of the orange jello...




And it is beautiful, indeed!

I'm so glad we stopped to see the orange jello.
Have you admired your 'orange jello' lately?


"The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down,
and hasteth to his place where he arose."
Ecclesiastes 1:5


3 comments:

Mrs. Mandy said...

That is wonderful! I am sad though because my children never "see" things like this. I try but my hubby likes to keep curtains drawn and windows closed, rarely do we play outside. I am praying in this area and at the same time trying to follow my husbands lead. It is very confusing at times.

Gerky said...

Oh how I loved this post! Orange jello indeed!

Gerky
http://homefrontlines.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I Love how they decided to call it "the JELLO on the Wall"how creative...The kids are looking so grown up and Love that they are growing in the Lord,what a wonderful blessing they and you are.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails