Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ July 13, 2010...




For today...
Tuesday, July 13, 2010



Outside my window...
the sun is beautifully and brightly shining,
sounds of the city are seeping in,
and a cool breeze is blowing through my windows


I am thinking...
of what a blessing sweet fellowship is
with the family of God


I am thankful for...
Who the LORD is...
the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob,
the Creator, the King of kings,
the only One, True, and Living God


I am wearing...
a black cotton dress
with a jean shirt overlay


I am remembering...
the many wonderful blessings
the LORD has done in my life,
even those I did not realize
were blessings at the time.
HE is so good!


I am reading...
through my KJ Bible in a year,
{I fell behind last year so I am doing this in a year and a half}
currently in Jeremiah, 1 Peter;
lesson in our Sunday evening Bible study


I am hoping (praying)...
for the Holy Spirit to work His perfect will
in our eldest's life
and for His protection over her,
for my brother and his family
as they are going through a
very difficult time right now,
our church family,
for my family...
that we would see God's Truths
and obey HIM


On my mind...
that our pastor and his wife
will be coming for supper this evening


From the learning rooms...
natural learning continues
as I work at making our new house
a haven at home


Noticing that...
the LORD is Good!


Pondering these words...
"But the end of all things is at hand:
be ye therefore sober,
and watch unto prayer.
And above all things
have fervent charity among yourselves:
for charity shall cover the multitude of sins."
~ 1 Peter 4:7-8

Our time is so short...
May I be serious about
what my mission is here
and may I grow in charity (love in action),
and see through eyes of love,
reaching out to others


From the kitchen...
the dishwasher is running,
counters are clean ;o)

On the menu...
tonight is taco night!
Then a new menu is needed


Around the house...
the children are in the family room
playing together


I am creating...
a new haven at home ;o)


I am hearing...
the younger ones playing
in the family room,
sounds from the city
coming from my windows,
and calming, thought-provoking,
instrumental music from my computer


One of my favorite things...
fellowshipping with my family in Christ


A few plans for the rest of the week...
went to a fellow sister-in-Christ's house
to help with her dogs and went to the dog beach;
enjoy fellowship with Pastor and his wife;
make a trip to the commissary;
empty more boxes;
have some of the single
(and geographically single)
ladies from church
over to our house for fellowship
as my beloved will not be home;
enjoy the many comforts and pleasures
of being at home.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...



"O God, thou art my God;
early will I seek thee:
my soul thirsteth for thee,
my flesh longth for thee
in a dry and thirsty land,
where no water is.
"
~ Psalm 63:1

May we be seeking HIM,
drinking from His fountain
of Living Water,
finding spiritual refreshment
and satisfaction
that only HE can give!

Have a blessed week!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails