Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ July 20, 2010




For today...
Tuesday, July 20, 2010



Outside my window...
the sky is gray and cloudy
with a chill in the air


I am thinking...
of Truths that JEHOVAH
has been showing me


I am thankful for...
how HE hears us and answers us
when we call upon HIM...
how we can lift someone up in prayer
and HE allows us to see
a portion of how HE is working!


I am wearing...
my newly finished
peach and white checkered
regency dress


I am remembering...
what JEHOVAH has brought me out of
and where HE has brought me from...
how HE saved me from myself
and is continuing showing me
HIS best way


I am reading...
through my KJ Bible in a year,
{I fell behind last year so I am doing this in a year and a half}
currently in Jeremiah, 1 John;
lesson in our Sunday evening Bible study
(The Holy Spirit & my changing life);
"Real Christianity" by William Wilberforce


I am hoping (praying)...
for our eyes to continually be opened
as we seek HIS Truths;
that we will love HIM more
and obey


On my mind...
how wonderful my JEHOVAH is!


From the learning rooms...
natural learning continues
as I strive to make our new house
a haven at home


Noticing that...
JEHOVAH is real...
HE is the One True God,
the Living God,
the Creator,
and HE thinks of me
and loves me


Pondering these words...
{as I shared on Facebook}
"And hereby we do know
that we know him,

if we keep his commandments.
He that saith, I know him,
and keepeth not his commandments,
is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
But whoso keepeth his word,
in him verily is the love of God perfected:
hereby know we that we are in him.
He that saith he abideth in him
ought himself also so to walk,
even as he walked."
(1 John 2:3-6)

HE gave us HIS commands...
HE gave us HIS perfect example
in Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Son of God...
we ought to be walking likewise,
"even as he walked".
It is that simple.
The more we read and study HIS Word,
the more plain it becomes.
Open our eyes, LORD...
"Open thou mine eyes,
that I may behold wondrous things
out of thy law." Psalm 119:18


From the kitchen...
most dishes are done
and counters are clean :o)

On the menu...
M ~ Daddy grilled
T ~ Wet burritos
W ~ Chicken & rice soup
Th ~ Chicken pot pie
F ~ Sourdough pizza
S ~ Make ahead goulash
Sun ~ Chicken & stuffing casserole


Around the house...
the children are in the family room
playing together;
eldest is getting coffee refills
from the kitchen


I am creating...
a new haven at home ;o)


I am hearing...
the younger ones playing
in the family room,
sounds from the city
coming from my windows,
and calming, thought-provoking,
instrumental music from my computer


One of my favorite things...
when the Holy Spirit
opens blinded eyes


A few plans for the rest of the week...
enjoyed an impromptu visit
with pastor and wife yesterday,
as well as, my beloved's day off!;
enjoy the many comforts
and pleasures at home,
as our 'schedule', thus far,
appears fairly clear and relaxed. :o)

"There is nothing like staying at home
for real comfort."

~ Jane Austen



Here is picture thought I am sharing...



"For in him we live, and move
and have our being..."
~ Acts 17:28a

HE is the giver and sustainer
of ALL life and ALL things.
May we be ever conscious of that
and stand in awe of HIM...
The Great I AM.



Have a blessed week!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails