Thursday, March 12, 2009

Haven at Home Happenings...

It's been another active week here in our haven.
Today will be a little less busy and I had a few moments
to share some snapshots from our week.

We've had some beautiful weather this week.
I just love open windows and curtains blowing in the breeze!
And I love to see our children enjoying the great outdoors...


It was a blessing to, later, hear them singing aloud,

"Jesus Loves Me" and "Jesus Love the Little Children",
as they were jumping outdoors.
They look at it as an opportunity to share the Gospel
with all of our neighbors. *Ü*

There have been signs of spring all around us.
Spring blossoms are such a beautiful sight...




One way we used the beautiful weather
was to clean, vacuum, and wash the van!
The new local carwash was, somehow,
quite thrilling to everyone...






Lots of colors in the carwash confetti!





Also, this week, we have been able to spend some time
learning together, though it's been even more relaxed...
Our King James Bible Conference has been this week
which tends to result in later nights (and mornings)
but we have enjoyed the laid-back learning together.

Here is a sample of one of the Proverbs we illustrated
during our Bible time together...

It was a blessing (and humble reminder) to discuss
the difference between beauty on the outside
and true beauty on the inside.

We look forward to spending most of our day at home,
cleaning, playing, learning, living...
and we may even squeeze in a trip to the commisary. ;o)

I hope y'all have been enjoying your week, as well!


"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits,
even the God of our salvation. Selah."
~ Psalm 68:19

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I just love open windows and curtains blowing in the breeze!

As do I. I've been trying to take full advantage of any warm weather with my windows open also. It makes the house smell lovely and fresh. Unfortunately, it's been a bit too warm here for open windows here, as our air conditioning has been already running. We're hoping for slightly cooler weather early next week!

Nikki said...

We've had our windows open all week too, but we'll have to shut them now. A cold front is moving through our area and we're supposed to get rain for 5 days.

Chelsie said...

Oh, I am so looking forward to those warm spring days! If you'll take a look at my post today...you'll see our weather is a lot different than the beautiful spring weather you are having! :-D

Thanks for sharing!
Have a great day.
~Chelsie

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your post and picture.I hope the beautiful weather continues. Have a great weekend.
Lisa

PlainJane said...

Car washes are a thrill, aren't they? lol Love the picture of the kiddos at the park - that reminds me, Amber wants me to order some tracts so she can leave them everywhere. Wow, windows open, I wish! Maybe in a couple of months - or so. We had 3 inches of snow earlier this week, yesterday morning it was -13, and a few more flakes this morning (sigh). God's frozen chosen. Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

Anonymous said...

I love curtains in the breeze myself! Thanks for the trip through the car wash. That was neat. I love the book of proberbs too. Have a great weekend.

Lisa

Tori Leslie said...

I loved all the photos. I always enjoy your posts. What a sweet family you have.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails