Friday, December 12, 2008

Of Baby Dolls and Frontiersmen...


This week I was able to finish a few sewing projects,
which are gifts for the younger ones.

For the lil' girls, I was able to
sew new dresses for their baby dolls.
{click pic to enlarge}



Similar to the kind they wear (collars, gathered skirts, zipper backs).
It's a delight, as a little girl,
to wear similar clothes as dolly.
Just as it's a delight for mamas to match their daughters. ;o)


For Will, I made my first project without an actual pattern.
For MONTHS, he has asked me
to make him
a frontiersman's shirt like he sees
in one of the history books that he reads so often.
The book explained (vaguely) how to make the pattern & shirt
and I was thrilled to complete such a task!




I used a thicker muslin and traced one of his larger shirts
on the fabric, adding a little for a seam allowance.
I simply sewed the sides and arms together,
then made the two collars for the neck line,

sewed them on and fringed the edges.

It was a blessing to get a few projects done this week!

I look forward to seeing them gets lots of use.


"She seeketh wool, and flax,
and worketh willingly with her hands."
~ Proverbs 31:13



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute doll dresses! I'd love to be able to make some of those. :-) Another thing their dolls might like:
http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2008/12/doll-bedding-tutorial.html
That is, if you feel like doing more sewing. LOL!
Amy

PlainJane said...

Wow, the children are going to love those gifts! You make it look and sound so easy. I think I'm going to have to move closer to you and you give me some sewing lessons. Lesson One: What's a bias? lol You have a wonderful gift Christina and I love to see your creations - just like Dorcas.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on your sewing this week. Well, you always do. :O) I enjoy seeing the projects you and Ally make.

I have a considerable amount of sewing to do myself this week. Who knows, there might even be some blogging about it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails