Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook, December 21, 2010




For today...
Tuesday, December 21, 2010



Outside my window...
it is dark, cloudy, and rainy


I am thinking...
of my husband and daughter
driving home tonight


I am thankful ...
how the Father opens eyes,
teaches, and answers prayer


I am wearing...
a black cotton jumper
with a burgundy checkered,
button up, long sleeve shirt,
dark, knee-hi socks,
and a burgundy covering


I am remembering...
the goodness and the faithfulness
of YHVH {Yahweh; the LORD}


I am reading...
Ezekiel, Matthew,
and portions from
Exodus {Torah portion};
"Restoration" by D. Thomas Lancaster;
various articles I've printed from online


I am hoping (praying)...
that YHVH {the LORD} will continue
to open the eyes of people,
that we will return to Him
and His ways


On my mind ...
the Truths He has been showing me
and reaffirming to me


From the learning rooms...
reading living books
miscellaneous seatwork,
studying Torah portions
and branching off into unit-type studies;
natural learning always continues...
though we'll be laid back this week
as Daddy has some days off
and our eldest will be home visiting


Noticing that...
when I call upon Him, He hears,
and He does answer


Pondering these words ...

"Teach me, O YHVH {Yahweh; LORD}
the way of Thy statutes;
and I shall keep it unto the end.
Give me understanding,
and I shall keep {observe}Thy Torah {law}
yea, I shall observe {guard} it
with my whole heart.
Make me to go in the path
of Thy commandments;
for therein do I delight."
Psalm 119:33-35


From the kitchen...
a few supper dishes remain;
fresh snickerdoodles sit
in a bowl on the counter

On the Menu...

T ~ Taco wraps
W~ Chicken noodle soup & rolls
Th ~ Roast/ranch mashed potatoes
F ~ Sourdough Pizza
S ~ Chicken & stuffing crockpot
Sun ~ Pasta


I am creating...
a few toddler skirts
(for a friend)


I am hearing...
this blog's background music
and silence throughout
the rest of the house,
as the children are in bed for the night


One of my favorite things...
when YHVH allows me to see
how He is answering prayer!


A few plans for the rest of the week...
very light homeschool studies;
a little shopping;
and lots of visiting with our eldest
who will only be here a few days


Here is picture thought I am sharing...



"Come now, let us reason together, saith YHVH:
though your sins be as scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow...
"
Isaiah 1:18





Shalom!




2 comments:

Monica said...

Beautiful, peaceful place to visit. Thank you for sharing the word with the world! Merry Christmas!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

it sounds lovely and peaceful at your home. We are in the tail end of a crazy blizzard here and when I looked out my window this morning that verse is the first thing I thought of.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails