Monday, February 22, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ February 22, 2010




For today... February 22, 2010


Outside my window...
the sun is brightly shining


I am thinking...
of how precious the Word of God is!


I am thankful for...
God's Word,
and that I have the freedom
and ability to read It
and the Holy Spirit
that helps me to understand it


I am wearing...
blue suede jumper
and a collared shirt


I am remembering...
that I must sit at the feet of Jesus
and feed from the Bread of Life


I am going...
to enjoy the comforts of home


I am reading...
through my KJ Bible in a year,
{I fell behind last year so I am doing this in a year and a half}
currently in Job, Titus;
our A to Z Mentoring printouts from church
(working on 'E', The Eternal Word)
Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (with my eldest);
Created to Be His Helpmeet (by Debi Pearl);
A Hunger for God by John Piper


I am hoping (praying)...
for the Holy Spirit to work His perfect will
in a recent situation in our lives
and to bring revival to our hearts;
for the Holy Spirit to work
in the hearts of those I love


On my mind...
how Jesus Christ
knows EVERYTHING about me
and loves me anyway!


From the learning rooms...
pressing on with our studies...
in the book of John for Bible;
book of Judges for history;
studying Ancient Greece;
and various things in other subjects


Noticing that...
we just cannot fully comprehend
how sinful we are
and how holy He is...
how we are so undeserving
of His unfailing love


Pondering these words...
"Wherefore I say unto thee,
Her sins, which are many, are forgiven;
for she loved much:
but to whom little is forgiven,
the same loveth little.
"
~ Luke 7:47


From the kitchen...
dishes from the weekend
await to be washed;

On the menu...
M ~ Chicken & pasta
T ~ Taco rice tacos
W ~ Chili & cornbread
Th ~ Polish Alfredo
F ~ Sourdough pizza


Around the house...
all is quiet
as the children are sleeping in


I am creating...
a skirt from a dress,
for Beth


I am hearing...
the heater blowing


One of my favorite things...
being fed from God's Word


A few plans for the rest of the week...
work on our homeschool lessons;
attend our KJ Bible conference (M thru W);
go to Beth's violin lesson;
clean the church; enjoy the comforts of home!



Here is picture thought I am sharing...



"The grass withereth, the flower fadeth:
but the word of our God shall stand for ever."
~ Isaiah 40:8

What a joy and comfort
to know and believe
that God's Word is unchanging and eternal!








2 comments:

Patty said...

We are enjoying the beautiful sunshine here also. Hope you have a wonderful week.

ClassyChassy said...

You sound very focused in God's Word - stay that way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails