Monday, January 11, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ January 11, 2010




For today... January 11, 2010


Outside my window...
the sun is shining very brightly


I am thinking...
of being Spirit controlled
and redeeming my time


I am thankful for...
the Holy Spirit teaching me,
changing me, strengthening me,
and giving me victories


I am wearing...
burgundy checkered jumper


I am remembering...
that it's okay if I feel invisible sometimes,
that my motherhood and 'wifehood'
is part of my service to God
and that when I feel that no one else sees,
God sees.


I am going...
to press on


I am reading...
through my KJ Bible in a year,
{I fell behind last year so I am doing this in a year and a half}
currently in Esther, Ephesians;
Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (with my eldest);
The Love Dare (and trying to apply it to my marriage and my motherhood)


I am hoping (praying)...
for the Holy Spirit to continue His work
in the hearts of those I love
and to help me to be Spirit controlled;
that He will help me to be an overcomer


On my mind...
The things I need to do today and this week


From the learning rooms...
homeschool is back in session...
In the book of John for Bible;
book of Ruth for history;
studying Ancient Greece;
and various things in other subjects


Noticing that...
God is gracious, longsuffering,
and forgiving


Pondering these words...
" With all lowliness and meekness,
with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Endeavouring to keep the unity
of the Spirit in the bond of peace."
~ Ephesians 4:2-3
Trying to apply this at home



From the kitchen...
sink is shining, counters are sparkling

On the Menu...
M ~ Wet burritos
T ~ Shepherd's Pie
W ~ Wild Rice Soup
Th ~ Chicken and pasta
F ~ Sourdough pizza
S ~ Hamburgers
Sun ~ Stroganoff


Around the house...
the younger ones are taking a break
from our learning lessons
and playing together in the living room,
eldest is having quiet time in her room


I am creating...
nothing at present


I am hearing...
the children playing in the living room;
the heater blowing


One of my favorite things...
the peace that comes when
surrendering to the Lord


A few plans for the rest of the week...
practice diligence in our homeschool;
take eldest to the chiropractor;
clean the church; go to midweek service;
go to Beth's violin lesson;
go to park day (depending on weather)
OR our Keepers of the Faith meeting;



Here is picture thought I am sharing...



"Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation:
and thy right hand hath holden me up,
and thy gentleness hath made me great."
~ Psalm 18:35

A blessed comfort and promise!






1 comment:

Patty said...

I enjoyed stopping by. Have a good week and press on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails