Monday, September 29, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook...



For Today...


Outside my Window...
the sun is waking, the sky is light blue,
the birds are singing their praises


I am thinking...
of Truths from yesternight's sermon


From the learning rooms...
further implementation of school and schedule is hoped for


I am thankful for...
answered prayers... even the "little" ones
(I hope to share soon!)


From the kitchen...
egg sandwiches for breakfast,
leftover sourdough pizza for lunch,
and wet burritos for supper


I am wearing...
white square neck dress with pink flowers


I am reading...
the book of Ruth {KJB}, the book of Matthew,
and Laying Down the Rails


I am hoping...
we have a productive week of school
and that we close on the house we are selling this week


I am creating...
birthday dresses for Beth's upcoming birthday


I am hearing...
blue jays cawing, the clock ticking,
and quite hums from the 'baby' monitor


Around the house...
chisel at Mount Washmore
and bless the rest of our home


One of my favorite things...
is being in God's house and in God's Word


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
homeschool, house blessing, grocery shopping,
piano lessons that Ally teaches,
return library books, attend our midweek service,
celebrate a friend's child's birthday,
and celebrate our Beth's 6th birthday

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


During a tornado warning last week,

the children huddled in the hallway together.
As I returned from looking out the window,
the children were holding hands and praying.
It was such a blessing to see!
This photo is just after they had finished.


"For where two or three are gathered together in my name,
there am I in the midst of them."
~ Matthew 18:20

"I have no greater joy than to hear
that my children walk in truth."
~ 3 John 1:4

8 comments:

Jen said...

I liked the picture of your children. Thankfully you are all ok. Thank you so much for the book....I know I've said it before, but since all I could do was rest this weekend it gave me a chance to really read the book. It has really blessed me a great deal. God Bless you and your family.

Sis. Julie said...

I am loving reading everyone's daily doings. I also love the picture!!

Rebekah said...

How funny it is that I find out about a tornado warning from a blog after the fact!

I'm curious about what a wet burrito is, and are there dry ones, too? (Strange but serious)

You've got a buyer for your house? That's great! What an answer to prayer!

Sorry I missed seeing you all yesterday. I should be able to make it on Wednesday. Have a good week!

Rebekah

Paula said...

Praise the Lord for His goodness! Have a great week! :)

Sweet Woodruff said...

Sweet picture and

Semper Fi!

Love Bears All Things said...

As always, it is a pleasure to read about your day and week. Hope the closing goes well. I wish we had one scheduled. Precious picture.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having a buyer for your other house. We have one on the market right now too & it's SO hard.

It's a blessing that you saw them in the hallway praying. Isn't it great when you catch them doing things like that? It makes it all worthwhile :)

Blessings,

Holli said...

I love the picture of the children in the hallway praying. How sweet to know our children trust in God's care also. AMEN.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails