Monday, February 12, 2007

A Child's Tender Heart...


Friday evening, before bed,
Beth (4 years old) said to me,
"Mama, I don't want to go to hell".
Oh, how that blessed my heart...
so much was said in that statement.
I saw how her heart was tender
to the things of the Lord.
Will was eager to help his sister
understand how not to go to hell.
We spent some time together
explaining the Gospel to her.
She said she wanted to pray
and climbed up into my lap
and asked me to help her.
So we prayed together.
What a blessing it was!
I am not judge of what age
is the age of understanding...
only the Lord knows that.
But it was such a blessing
to see that she was interested
in spiritual things...
in the Lord Jesus Christ.



Sunday evening, Will shared with us
what he wanted to 'be' when he grows up.
As a backdrop, I just want to mention
that earlier last week, he expressed his desire
to learn about all the countries in the world.
He wanted to read lots of books
so he could learn more.
That being said, he shared with us
that he thinks he wants to be a pastor
or a missionary when he grows up.
I told him I would pray with him about this,
that the Lord will help him be sure.
He has long been quite the prayer warrior
in our family and has a burden for lost souls.
He frequently requests, in church,
prayer for his two younger sisters (4 & 3)
that they will be saved one day.

What a sweet blessing it was to see
the tender hearts of my children.
I love to see glimpses of their untainted faith.
As adults, sometimes we tend to let

our faith be 'complicated'.
What a joyful (and humbling) reminder
to see the simplistic, genuine faith of a child.

"But Jesus called them unto him, and said,
Suffer little children to come unto me,
and forbid them not:
for of such is the kingdom of God."
~ Luke 18:16

"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd:

he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them in his bosom,
and shall gently lead those that are with young."
~ Isaiah 40:11


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails