Friday, February 11, 2011

Haven at Home Happenings... 2-11-11


I rejoice at Thy word,
as one that findeth great spoil {treasure}.
Psalm 119:165


YHVH's Word becomes increasingly precious to me...
so does studying it with my children...




{and old photo.. but a precious one}


This week we learned more about the tabernacle
and how YHVH commanded it to be built.
We discussed the symbolism of the tabernacle
and how it was a shadow of our Messiah, Yeshua.
A beautiful picture, indeed!




tabernacle and priestly garment coloring pages



Scripture copywork


And there I will meet with thee,
and I will commune with thee
from above the mercy seat...
Exodus 25:22



Comparing Scripture and illustrating tabernacle furnishings





How sweet are Thy words unto my taste!
yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Psalm 119:103



Snuggling is a great comfort when one doesn't feel well.
One of the great blessing for mama is the snuggling.


He shall feed his flock like a shepherd:
he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them in his bosom,
and shall gently lead those that are with young.
Isaiah 40:11



One of the many tabernacle worksheets we enjoyed...


Diagram of the tabernacle, furnishings, and the tribes


We enjoyed this video about the tabernacle:
Tabernacle: part 1
Tabernacle: part 2


And let them make me a sanctuary;
that I may dwell among them.
Exodus 25:8


What a continually humbling thought
that the Creator of all loves us
and desires to dwell with us!



Lego tabernacle


Thinking of big sis this week, missing her...
we gathered together to make cards ...






...The LORD {YHVH} watch between me and thee,
when we are absent one from another.
Genesis 31:49



Shalom!




1 comment:

Alli said...

I studied about the tabernacle in world history a couple of days ago. It was really interesting. Your daughter is really creative with the Lego's! It's really thoughtful of making cards to send to Ally!! Your children did great decorating them! I especially love the sunflower card. (:

-Alli

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails