Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ August 10, 2010




For today...
Tuesday, August 10, 2010



Outside my window...
are sunny, bright blue
and cloudless skies
and a cool breeze is blowing
through the window


I am thinking...
of the many blessing
that JEHOVAH
has given me...
I am so unworthy


I am thankful for...
HIS wonderful words of life
and how HE opens blinded eyes!


I am wearing...
my newly finished
peach and white checkered
regency dress


I am remembering...
the wonderful things HE has done
in our marriage,
as we celebrated
our anniversary yesterday.


I am reading...
through my KJ Bible in a year,
{I fell behind last year so I am doing this in a year and a half}
currently in Jeremiah, Revelation;
lesson in our Sunday evening Bible study
(The Holy Spirit & my prayer life);
"Real Christianity" by William Wilberforce


I am hoping (praying)...
for our eyes to continually be opened
as we seek HIS Truths;
that we will love HIM more
and choose to obey


On my mind...
the unfailing love
of my Heavenly Father


From the learning rooms...
we've begun to dapple in seatwork
as I try to get some school thoughts together...
natural learning still (and always) continues


Noticing that...
the Creator of all the universe
desires to have a relationship with me.
Overwhelming thought...
Overwhelming truth.


Pondering these words...

"And hereby we do know
that we know him,

if we keep his commandments.
He that saith, I know him,
and keepeth not his commandments,
is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
But whoso keepeth his word,
in him verily is the love of God perfected:
hereby know we that we are in him.
He that saith he abideth in him
ought himself also so to walk,
even as he walked."
(1 John 2:3-6)

(Still pondering these things...
letting them sink in
and change my way of thinking, of living)


HE gave us HIS commands...
HE gave us HIS perfect example
in Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Son of God...
we ought to be walking likewise,
"even as he walked".
It is that simple.
The more we read and study HIS Word,
the more plain it becomes.
Open our eyes, LORD...
"Open thou mine eyes,
that I may behold wondrous things
out of thy law." Psalm 119:18


From the kitchen...
a bit of a blessing (cleaning) is needed

On the menu...
M ~ take home pizza for children
as Daddy and Mama went out
T ~ Taco rice tacos and a cheese dip
W ~ Lasagna
Th ~ Chicken & rice casserole
F ~ Sourdough pizza
S ~ Make ahead chicken soup
Sun ~ Chicken & stuffing casserole


Around the house...
the children are playing a game
in the family room
;
eldest is at kitchen counter
on her laptop;
I am here ;o)
Break time will soon be over
and work will proceed. ;o)


I am creating...
a new haven at home ;o)
Was able to get some decor
and family photos on the walls!


I am hearing...
the younger ones playing
in the family room,
sounds from the city
coming from my windows,
and calming, thought-provoking,
instrumental music from my playlist
on my computer


One of my favorite things...
when the Holy Spirit
opens blinded eyes


A few plans for the rest of the week...
enjoy time with my brother-in-law
as he is visiting this week;
continue emptying boxes,
downsizing, and organizing;
and continue to enjoy
the many, many
delights and comforts
of home!

"There is nothing like staying at home
for real comfort."

~ Jane Austen



Here is picture thought I am sharing...



"That ye might walk worthy of the Lord
unto all pleasing,
being fruitful in every good work,
and increasing in the knowledge of God.
"
~ Colossians 1:10

It is my goal...
It is my prayer



Have a blessed week!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails