Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Change... and peace in the midst

A chapter closes as a new one begins...

The place we called home for 3+ years
has been packed, emptied, and cleaned...
Keys have been returned
and HOME has a new face.
HOME will have many faces in the days to come.

But, then again... HOME is many faces.
Home is not the building (or camper) in which we reside...
It is found in the faces of those I love...
in memories... in moments...
it's a bond of the heart that exists
and rests in that union of love.

HOME doesn't change... it goes with me...

The LORD is faithful in helping me to remember
that the house, the yard, the neighborhood,
the situations, the circumstances...
they're all temporary...
and change is inevitable...
Life here is only temporary...
and HE compelled me to reflect
on how I spent my years here... for HIM.
What was the eternal value of my life here?

While life here is temporal,
there is an eternal...

"Only one life, 'twill soon be past...
Only what's done for Christ will last"

I wonder have I done my best for Jesus...
when HE has done so much for me.

13 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

What a wonderful post! :D God bless you in your journeys!

Alesha said...

amen, so true!

Tori Leslie said...

What a sweet post.
My prayers are going with you. I hear California is nice!

Susan said...

We've lived in so many places (as I'm often reminded while I fill out paperwork for Canadian permanent residency!) that I had to learn this same lesson. Home is where I am with my family!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Being an air force brat, I moved more times than I care to count as a child. All us kids were born in different states.

Lindsey said...

Lovely thoughts to ponder... Praying for you!!

PlainJane said...

Beautifully stated Christina! And beautiful photo too - a place you stayed at? Who would have ever guessed you were heading to CA three years ago? I pray you journey mercies and God's ever present guidance and continued peace through it all. I hope you find a really good new church there too. Warm wishes through all these changes in life ((hugs)).

Shannon said...

Thanks for sharing your heart. I know that this is an emotional time for you. It's so good to know that God is always at work. Wow, I don't want you to leave! I only pray that we can meet again. In fact, I must confess that I'm praying you and your family settle here when he retires. Tears and hugs! I love you Friend.

Anonymous said...

Mama's heart goes out to you and of course Bill and the kids too..So emotional for all of ya's..So thankful The Lord is part of our Home..Love,Hugs,and Prayers are with you always.
Love;
Mama

Paula said...

Praying for you all as you begin this new adventure. :)

Nikki said...

That was beautiful, Christina. It really touched my heart.

TamaraP. said...

God Bless y'all!
Praying for safe arrival in California.

TamaraP.

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

Enjoy this next step in your journey! Praying for your family.

Let me know if you ever come to visit your family here :P I would love to see you again!

~Amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails