Monday, May 4, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook...




For today... May 4, 2009


Outside my window...

the sun is shining behind gray clouds
and the birds are joyfully singing



I am thinking...
of who I am in Christ
and how I am nothing without Him


I am thankful for...
our church home where the Truth in God's Word
is boldly and faithfully preached
and for the love of our church family


From the learning rooms...

needing to get 'on the ball' to progress
in our History study in Exodus;
continue of Proverbs study;
and awaiting annual required tests to arrive


From the kitchen...

a blessing {cleaning} is needed from the weekend
On the Menu:
M~ Taco Rice Tacos
T ~ Lentil Spaghetti
W ~ Wild Rice Soup
Th ~ Zuchinni Chicken Rice Bake
F ~ Pizza at our church fellowship


I am wearing...
newly made light green paisley square neck dress


I am creating...

dresses for the lil' girls to wear on Mother's Day


I am reading...
my KJ Bible through in a year,

currently in Joshua, Psalms, Luke;
Pocketful of Pinecones by Karen Andreola;
Praying the Entire Bible for My Family by Joe Zichterman;
Holy Women by James Knox


I am hoping (praying)...

for my beloved as he is away;
for the Lord to continue working
in loved ones' lives
and that He will get all the glory


I am hearing...

the younger children talking in the living room


Around the house...
a blessing {cleaning} is needed
and Mount Washmore needs a chiseling,
but all is well


One of my favorite things...
meditating on God's Word
and gaining a deeper understanding


A few plans for the rest of the week...

go to piano lessons that our eldest teaches;
get my sutures removed (after two weeks!!);
attend our midweek service at church;
put our new license plates on our vehicles
when they arrive in the mail;
learn with the children; sew for the lil' girls;
attend a 'half and half' fellowship at church


Here is picture thought I am sharing...


"Behold the fowls of the air:
for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns;
yet your heavenly Father feedeth them.
Are ye not much better than they?" ~ Matthew 6:26

Praise God He cares for us so much!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina, I always look forward to reading your beautiful Daybook and listening to the wonderful piano music. I find it very calming. Thanks for sharing. Debbi faustx2@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

So glad your getting your stiches out,let me know the test results,I do enjoy reading your daybook
love ya
mom

PlainJane said...

Hi Christina,
We just finished Exodus and our testing yesterday, so we are "officially" done with our school year now (even though Anna has about a week & a half of math to finish and Amber is requesting we do some school throughout the summer (?)). It will feel good to get those tests out the door and to the post office today.

What's a half & half fellowship?

Blessings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails